Saturday, August 31, 2019

NEW September Shimmerz Color Kitz + a Layout

Hey, friends!  Happy Weekend!  I'm here today to share the NEW Shimmerz Paints September Color Kitz...woo hoo!  They are both really beautiful.  Up first is the Missy Kit.  The price is $18.95.

The Missy Whidden Color Kit:
  • Coloringz Well Blue Me Down
  • Shimmerz Pinko de Mayo
  • Inklingz First Blush
  • Inklingz Good as Gold
  • 3 exclusive Dotz
  • Exclusive Cut File by Paige Evans


I created this page using the Missy Kit.  I started off with thick white smooth cardstock and the ampersand cut file cut on textured white cardstock.  I wanted to leave the ampersand white and add color behind it.  I coated a lot of the background with clear gesso and let it dry.  Then I used the Well Blue Me Down with some plastic packaging to add a gorgeous aqua color wash.  I decided to add some flowers on top of the cut file, so I traced the flowers and leaves on some mixed media paper, cut painted them and then cut them out.


I used Pinko de Mayo and First Blush on the flowers to create these pink colors.  I also used a bright pink gelato on the edges once the flowers were dry.  I pulled the two green colors from last month's kit to mix with Well Blue Me Down to color the leaves.  I also added in some of the Good as Gold for extra shine.  Once they dried, I machine stitched down the centers with gold thread.


To get this purple color, I mixed Well Blue Me Down with the pinks.  I also played around with a few drops of white acrylic paint to add some lighter spots.  I also added a drop of a darker pink spray from my stash...Vibez Sweetheart.


To add a few darker aqua spots on the background, I smudged a blue gelato and blended it with my fingers.  I wanted to try and match that darker color of the Dotz with the ampersand.  I did add some adhesive foam behind most of the flowers to give them some dimension.


I added more subtle detail with some vellum flowers.  I just eyeballed it and cut them by hand to scatter around the page.  I topped the centers of them with some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  Here's a look at one of the other Dotz.


Before I glued the big cut file down, I machine stitched around the edges using metallic gold thread.  I love the texture and detail stitching gives!  I went with a gold title, too.  This is a sticker from the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book, and I toned down the gold shine just a bit by smudging white gesso over it.



Here are a few close-ups of the shimmer and shine from the flowers!


Look at that gold shine!  It's really amazing in person :)


I didn't add any adhesive foam under the leaves, but they were easy to bend up so they stood off the page.


I love the soft shimmer here.


And one more.  I found a matching ampersand sticker to tuck in right here.  I finished off the design with more Good as Gold splatters.


I hope this inspires you to grab this kit...it really is beautiful.  I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope you'll check out my process video here to see even more details:


 

The Color Kit includes:
  • Spritz Practice What You Peach (NEW)
  • Vibez Palm Reader
  • Creameez In a Jam
  • Shimmerz Wisteria Lane
  • 3 Exclusive Dots
  The price of this kit is $15.95.  Stay tuned to the blog and social media to see lots of projects created with both of these kits!  Tons of inspiration coming your way :)

Go HERE to purchase one or both of these Kitz!




Thank you soooo much for stopping by!  Take care, and we'll see you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment