Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Hello Yes It's Me / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today with another new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 August Hip Kits, and our theme for this week is selfies.  I scrapped this recent picture of me on our recent trip to the Bahamas.  I chose lots of pinks and purples for this page to contrast all the blue in the photo.

I was first inspired by the long striped Pocket Life card.  I love the purple, pink and orange color scheme, so I pulled out a few more PL cards to match.  I also used a lot of the Truly Grateful florals to embellish.  I used a beautiful purple and pink ombre paper from Truly Grateful as my background.  I coated a lot of the middle area with white gesso first, and then used the Lindy's Magical Powders from the Color Kit.  I mostly used the Tea Pot Purple.  After that dried, I added some flowers over it using the floral Vicki Boutin stencil and some white acrylic paint.


I knew I wanted to use this big Hello die cut since it matched my color scheme perfectly.  I trimmed off some of the white border so it would be a bit thinner.  I chose the "yes" Epoxy Sticker mainly because of the blue color.  I liked how it brought some blue to that part of the page.  Here you can also see more of the background.  I used one of the exclusive stamps around the page...a tiny floral.


I added more of the Epoxy Stickers around the page...these little dots are the perfect accents.  I used a few of the Truly Grateful wood veneer flowers as well.  I embossed them with gold powder t make them shimmery.


I layered a few flowers under the title area as well as some yellow thread.  Before gluing everything down I machine stitched around the edges of the Pocket Life cards for some added detail.  I decided to write my journaling with a metallic gold pen to add more pops of gold down in that part of the design.


I am obsessed with these little suns from the Truly Grateful collection!  I fussy cut it from one of the patterned papers, added some adhesive foam under it along with some green thread and added it to the top of the longer PL card.  I also added a few of the Indian Summer clear stickers here...this blue watercolor splotch was perfect.


I fussy cut this flower cluster from another Pocket Life card...it's my favorite!


As usual, I took a ton of close-ups, so here are even more of all the details.






I hope this inspires you to scrap a layout about yourself :)  If you're like me, you tend to scrap about other people, so this was fun to change things up.  I am really loving the August Kits, and I hope you are, too!

Be sure to check out my process video here:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment