Sunday, August 4, 2019

Beautiful Day / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey, friends!  I wanted to share the new August Challenge going on over on the Pinkfresh Studio blog.  You can join in and play along if you'd like!  The challenge is to create a project using this color scheme along with some stitching.  (Hint...these colors coordinate beautifully with the new Just a Little Lovely collection!)


Here's the layout I created.  I began by punching different sized circles from one of the Just a Little Lovely patterned papers...it has a soft watercolor effect on it using all these colors.  I wanted to create my own background using the Liquid Watercolors, so I pulled out some smooth white cardstock.  I coated it in clear gesso first, and then used the watercolors to create four color areas...green, blue, pink and yellow.  I wanted to create a tone-on-tone effect, so I placed the green circles on the green section and so on.


Before I glued down the circles, I went a little crazy with my sewing machine...haha.  I love texture, so I used white thread and just sewed back and forth using a straight stitch all over the background.  I love how it turned out!  It just adds lots of texture and fun interest behind the photos and circles.  I then attached the circles.  Some of them I popped up with adhesive foam.  I used some Die Cut Ephemera, Wood Veneer Stickers, Buttons...all goodies from this collection to embellish.


I love mixing and matching fonts for my titles, and this die cut worked really well.  I popped it up off the page as well and then added the white Puffy Stickers.


I did go back and add splatters of each color in the coordinating spots, and I added some matching colors of tangled thread for added color and texture.


I used black and white photos to allow all the soft colors to really pop, and at the same time to allow the photos to pop.  Side note...I didn't have any green thread to match this area, so I used the Liquid Watercolors to color some white thread.  Worked like a charm!


These colors....sooooo pretty!


More shots of all the details...


Here I dismantled a dimensional sticker to make it work for this area.  I just pulled it apart and cut it.  Don't be afraid to cut things up to suit your page :)


One more just because :)


I hope this inspires you to join our challenge this month!  You can read all about it HERE.

I do have a video here if you'd like to watch me make this layout:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment