Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Fabulous Summer Vibes / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 July Hip Kits to create this fun tropical page.  I used one of this month's exclusive cut files, which is actually a background cut file.  I cut it on white cardstock and then cut it apart to create separate flowers and leaves to scatter around the page.

I used a lot of white gesso here...all of the flowers and leaves were coated as well as the light purple cardstock background.  I used the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays from the Color Kit to paint all of the flowers and leaves.  I also pulled some matching colors of gelatos to add some shading to them.  I used the stencil from the Color Kit along with the same sprays on the background.


I just love these bright tropical colors!  I scattered all the flowers and leaves in a vertical design, overlapping one another.


I went small and simple with the title.  I combined a Pinkfresh Studio die cut with an exclusive die cut, which I popped up with some adhesive foam.  I also used a few of the small Pinkfresh Studio sentiment stickers in a few places.


I used this cute dimensional sticker from One Canoe Two here.  I also fussy cut this piece from a Pocket Life card to layer in.  This whole layout was actually inspired by this multi-colored circle Pocket Life card.  I've been wanting to use it, and it matched my daughter's swim suit, so I made it a big element here.


I layered a part of of an exclusive cut file here and layered a Pinkfresh Studio puffy sticker as well as some exclusive die cuts.  I love that little camera!  All those metallic dots are from the Shimmerz Miner Miner 49er Inklingz from a previous Color Kit.


To create this green color, I mixed the blue and yellow sprays from the Color Kit.  It turned out perfectly for these palm fronds!


I love this dimension...made possible with adhesive foam :)


asdf

And a few more close-ups of all the beautiful colors & details :)


I hope this inspires you in some way.  It was certainly fun to make!  I never get tired of scrapping pool photos :)

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment