Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Hello Summer / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back to share another new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 July Hip Kits to create a fun summer page.  I used lots of the adorable exclusive die cuts as well as some papers from Pinkfresh Studio.  I began by combining a Pinkfresh patterned paper with some of the yellow cardstock.  I coated a lot of it with white gesso and then used a mix of the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays from the Color Kit to add splashes of watercolor.


I wanted to layer in lots of the cute die cuts around the photos, so I picked those out and played around with placement before gluing any of them down. I also thought this Hello Summer banner was perfect under the photos.  I popped it up using some adhesive foam.  I also used some of the Carta Bella brads in a few places.  I added "Exuma" using the metallic gold Thickers, but I toned down the shine first using some white gesso.


I added dimension to some of these die cuts as well.  I tucked some of them under the torn patterned paper.  I also fussy cut some of the black & white florals from a Pinkfresh Studio paper to use as embellishments.  I mixed and matched some orange & pink thread here for some added texture.


I added some of the Lindy's spray here...I dipped my palette knife into some of the blue spray and scraped it across the paper and then added splatters.


I decided to add some purple to the mix, so I blended some of the blue & pink sprays from the Color Kit.  I love how it turned out!  I also added some blue and purple stitching to the background for added texture.  I fussy cut "vacay" from a Pocket Life card here and added more exclusive die cuts.


Here are a few more detail close-ups...



I did trim off the white borders around a lot of the die cuts.  Not perfect, but that's okay :)



I hope this inspires you to create something beachy or tropical using your July Kits!  I loved making this one...these are my favorite kinds of pages to make!  Here's my process video if you're interested...



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment