Thursday, March 21, 2019

Such a Good Day / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club :)  This is my first layout using the amazing 2019 March Hip Kits, and I have to say I think they are my all-time favorite so far!  (And that's saying a lot because they're always spectacular).  I incorporated some mixed media and one of the free cut files for this month.  The kits have a lot of pretty exclusive pieces, and everything is just WOW.

I had to use the beautiful watercolor design patterned paper from Heidi Swapp first.  It's in the Main Kit. That's what I used to create the cut file.  Those pinks, yellows and oranges are my fave!  I used white cardstock as the background so all the colors would really pop.  I used the TiffanyLou Blue Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray from the Color Kit on the background.  It's really pretty and shimmery, and it was a great contrast against the colors in the cut file.  I did use clear gesso first, and then added the color.


I added some adhesive foam behind the cut file to raise it up off the page and create dimension.


I went with black & white photos to make the bright colors pop, and also because I wanted to add pops of black throughout the page.   I used some exclusive Pocket Life cards behind the photos as well as a few Heidi Swapp die cuts and a few exclusive die cuts.


I created a small cluster down below the cut file with some exclusive pieces.  I fussy cut those flowers from a Pocket Life card, and the yellow orange one is a die cut.  I added some Crate Paper chipboard pieces...that camera is so cute!


Here are more gorgeous fussy cut flowers that I tucked in up above the photos along with a puffy sticker and some black thread.  Layering is so much fun!


I am obsessed with all the black & white exclusive die cuts...Kim Watson did such a great job designing them!  There is also an entire pack of exclusive epoxy hearts and an exclusive puffy sticker sheet!  Ahhhhhh!


Hello dimension!  I love the way the adhesive foam creates these awesome shadows.


I used my very old edge distresser to ruffle up the edges of these pieces here.


And more close-ups because I just kept taking them!





I hope this inspires you in some way...these kits are sooooooo good.  There's no way you can't create something bright and amazing with them!  I really loved making this, and I cannot wait to start my next project!

I have lots more details here in my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment