Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Good Times With My Girl / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends!  I'm here with some new Whimsical inspiration for the Paige Evans Design Team. How often do you start a layout with a cut file and let it create your design for you? I’ve been wanting to use Paige’s Half Flower cut file on a page, so I cut it really big on some white cardstock with a Silhouette Cameo 3. I wanted to use all the colors from the Whimsical collection, so I used papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad as well as several other papers to fill in all the flower spots. I didn’t actually back the cut file. I traced each shape onto a different paper and then placed the shapes on top of the cut file. I glued down the inside edges so the outer edges could be bent up for dimension.


I placed three horizontal photos along the bottom of the flower so all of the petals were above them. Here you can see all the dimension created from the petals. This is a fun and easy way to use lots of different colors and patterns on one layout without it becoming too busy.


Flowers are one of my favorite design elements because of the dimension they can create.  I just dabbed a bit of glue to the inside line of each piece and then bent up the outer edges.  It gives it just a little more of a realistic look.


I wanted to bring some of the colors down below the photos, so I did some mixed media work on the background here. I used Distress Oxides and spray inks to add in yellow, blue, and pink shades. I have been waiting for the right page to use these pennant shaped Chipboard Stickers. I used them all and added adhesive foam behind them to create a fun little banner. I glued white embroidery thread behind the tops of them to make it drape below the photo. I used Stickers for my title as well as a few small alpha stickers from the Sticker Book.


My photos had lots of white space behind our heads, so I added a few flower stickers over to the sides to give a pop of color.


I love layering products...here I layered a flower Rub-On, a flower Die Cut and some thread.  I love the colors against the pink mixed media on the background.


Here are a few more details!



I continued adding bits and pieces below the photo over to the right side as well. I tucked in a big purple flower from the Floral Die Cuts and added a Rub-On, a Sticker Book sticker and another flower from the Floral Die Cuts. I also added in more texture with tangled thread.


I hope you inspired by this in some way! The colors in Whimsical just instantly inspire me every time I look at them and when you add a cut file in with it and it’s like magic! Next time, try using a big cut file like this to help your design get started. It’s great because it limits where you can place everything else and helps you to narrow down what products to use.

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Hello from New Zealand Missy! I absolutely love your work and have been an avid follower for a couple of years now. I was wondering if you'd be able to do some layouts with no hearts or flowers? Many of my photos don't suit these types of embellishments. It would be wonderful to be able to scrap lift something of yours for them. Thanks so much, Stephanie Paris

    ReplyDelete