Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Live Laugh Love / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Here is another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 March Hip Kits :)  I cannot get enough of these colors...accckkk!  My assignment for this week was to use some of the Heidi Swapp Color Fresh papers along with a cut file.  Those cute cameras are an exclusive Hip Kit cut file that you can find over on the HKC website.  I used the pink & white gingham paper as my base and then added a big chunk of Tutu Pink cardstock down the middle (from the Cardstock Kit).  I coated a lot of it with white gesso first and then used all three Lindy's Gang sprays from the Color Kit.  I used the packaging technique, a brush and extra water to let the color run and blend.


I also added some Shimmerz sprays from previous Color Kits to add some different colors and shades.  Once the background was dry, I machine stitched along the edges of the cardstock.  I also used a scalloped border punch on the edges of the cardstock to give it some shape and interest.  I love how the scallops fold up and create dimension.  I embellished inside the cameras with some of the exclusive Hip Kit stickers and some tangled thread.  I used some of the Crate Paper Summertime Phrase Stickers for my title.


I cut the cameras on the beautiful watercolor design paper from Heidi Swapp.  I decided not to back them in order for the mixed media background to show through.  Here's another exclusive Puffy Sticker and Cardstock Sticker as well as another Crate Paper sticker.  I added some exclusive Pocket Life cards behind my photos as well as some white tissue paper.  And adhesive foam to raise them off the page a bit :)


More of the same with the top camera here.  I also tucked in a few black & white Crate Paper stickers over on the left underneath the scallops.  This "Dream Happy Dreams" exclusive die cut fit perfectly on top of this photo. 


Here's another angle of all the fun textures :)


I added some puffy hearts to this photo as well as part of a Heidi Swapp watercolor frame behind it.  I added a bit of the black & white Heidi Swapp paper behind the photos as well to add a pop of black.  I love how the dark and dramatic photos pop against the softer pastel background colors :)  This fun puffy sticker is from the exclusive sheet...so cute!


I fussy cut this rainbow...it's actually a die cut, but I cut off the outer white edges and tucked it in here.  Here's one of my tips for layering:  if your photos have a spot that's open like this one here, and you have a sticker or die cut that fits that open shape, don't be afraid to stick it on top of the photo.  This speech bubble fits perfectly here between her head and the remote control. 


More details!




I really love how this page turned out!  I hope it has inspired you in some way, or at least given you some ideas to try.  I have even more details in my video here, so check that out when you have time.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What an incredible layout! So many cool details and I love the photos too! Someday I will reach your level of craftiness!

    ReplyDelete