Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Relax Smile Enjoy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout for Hip Kit Club to share today.  I used the 2019 February Hip Kits again, and I did lots of fussy cutting.  First, I cut all those floral and leaf wreaths from one of the Pinkfresh Studio patterned papers.  Then I cut out the oval shaped wreath around the photo from an exclusive Project Life card.  Lastly, I fussy cut the hearts from more patterned papers.  I love making my own embellishments!  I love all of these gorgeous colors.


I began on thick smooth white cardstock, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used the small floral stencil from the Color Kit along with the Art Basics Modeling Paste from the January Color Kit.  It created some great bumpy texture.  Once that dried, I used the Opal Magic Paints from the Color Kit to create some yellow and blue color splotches on the background.  I mixed in some of the Shimmerz Frost Bite from the 2018 June Color Kit to match that pretty blue color.  I  knew I was going to have lots of pink in the embellishments, so I didn't add anything other than pink splatters on the background.


After creating the circle design with all the wreaths, I glued them together so I could move all of it as one piece.  I layered some pink patterned paper and a yellow & white Project Life card behind my photo.  I continued with the circle theme and used lots of the Pinkfresh Studio circle stickers.  I also tucked in some fussy cut flowers from one of the Carta Bella papers to give a pop of that dark pink color.


Here you can see all the layering and texture.  It's so fun to mix and match different things to make it really dimensional.  I mixed and matched the title here using two different Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Alpha stickers.  I just love that script font! 


Here's a good look at the background texture created with the paste and stencil.  I just gives that little something extra, I think :)


One of my favorite embellishments this month are these adorable Pinkfresh Studio fabric tags!  Again, they're great for adding dimension and texture.  And this blue one is so pretty!


More details...


I decided to create a little cluster in the top right corner, so I cut a chunk of the background out and used a border punch to add a scalloped shape.  Then I just pulled some embellishments in all the colors and layered them together.  The flowers and that little banner were fussy cut from papers.


A few more close-ups just because :)



I hope this inspires you to try some fussy cutting for your next project.  I know a lot of people don't care for it and say that it's too much work.  But I can tell you that I have never regretted a page where I used lots of fussy cutting.  It's a great way to use your patterned papers with fun images on them, and it just takes a bit of time.  But it's worth it ;)

Check out my video if you'd like to see more details!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment