Thursday, August 9, 2018

You Amaze Me / Altenew Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I am thrilled to be the Guest Designer at Altenew this month!  I created two layouts using some beautiful Altenew products, and here is the first one.  A huge thank you to the Altenew Team for inviting me!

For my first layout, I couldn’t wait to use the Classy Stripes Stencil. I used some white cardstock and scraped some modeling paste over the stencil to create some bumpy texture. While that dried, I created some stamped flowers using the Painted Rose Stamp Set and Northern Lights 6 Mini Cube Set. This was my first time using stamps like this, and it was magic watching the flowers come to life! I used the coordinating Painted Rose Die Set to cut them out. Then I fussy cut lots of flowers from the Our Family Scrapbook Collection papers. Once I knew the color scheme, I used some distress oxides from my stash to create some pretty watercolor over the modeling paste background.



I created a big layered cluster of flowers on the side of my photo. I chose a pool photo with lots of blue in the background to contrast against all the pretty pinks. There are so many gorgeous leaves and stems, so I couldn’t resist cutting them out, too.


Here you can see all the fun texture from the stencil and modeling paste. I did add some machine stitching through some of the lines using white thread for added texture. The Our Family Scrapbook Collection has enamel dots, so I scattered some of the pink ones around the page.


I really love the bold blues in this collection. Since I had lots of blue going on in my photo and below it, I added some pink ink at the top here.


I went small and simple with my title. I stamped it using some of the sentiments on the Painted Rose Stamp Set. Then, I added my journaling right below it and then another small fussy cut flower under that.


I really love the deep, rich colors in this collection.  I really like the deep blues mixed in these leaves.  They compliment my pool photo perfectly!


Here are few last close-ups of the awesome texture on the background.  It's amazing what a simple stencil and some modeling paste can do, right? <3 p="">


I do have a process video here showing how I created this layout from start to finish featuring all of the Altenew products I used.  I hope you enjoy it!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment