Friday, August 24, 2018

We Got That Zest / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends, it's FRIDAY! Yesssss!  I have a new layout to share for the Paige Evans Design Team.  As soon as I saw Paige’s Lemon Slice cut file, an idea popped into my head and I just had to get started on a layout. Actually, a title to go with this cut file sort of happened first and I went with it. I scrapped this fun photo of my mom, my sister, and me and went with lots of fun colors and flowers. I cut the lemon from Pick-Me-Up Paper 07 and backed most of it with Oh My Heart Paper 06. I backed the rest of it with vellum. I really liked the colors and how it just jazzed up the lemon. I embellished with lots of bits and pieces from both of these collections.


To add some texture to the lemon, I machine stitched through the vellum parts and around the curved edge. I didn’t want to overload the lemon with lots of extra embellishments, but I did use some Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers and Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers around the bottom area of the photo. I also added adhesive foam under the lemon for more dimension.


I fussy cut several flowers from Oh My Heart Paper 13 as well as a cute lemon from Pick-Me-Up Paper 07. I love all the pinks, yellows, and oranges together.


I combined some of the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers with the Oh My Heart Thickers to create my title. I added a bit of color to the white alphas by smudging some periwinkle Distress Oxide on them - that helps them stand off the page a bit more. I topped it off with a cute lemon sticker from the Pick-Me-Up Puffy Stickers. I also tucked in a few floral stickers from the 30-page Paige Evans #StickerBook.


Here’s one more close-up of the background work. I used clear gesso first and then used Vicki Boutin Art Crayons and some Shimmerz to create this watercolor look. I used the crayons on plastic packaging first and then smudged the color onto the background with my fingers.


I decided to write my journaling up near the top cluster instead of along the bottom.  There was just more room up there, and I didn't want to have it curve around the bottom of the lemon.


I love the challenge of going through all of Paige's collections and mixing and matching different pieces together.  You never really know what may coordinate until you pull it all out and start playing!  I love how these flowers from different lines look together.


I hadn't planned on backing this lemon with floral paper.  I was going to do it all yellow, but this paper was just on top of a stack and I tried it and loved it!  Sometimes great ideas are all on accident...haha.


I really need an endless supply of these white Mini Thickers.  They are so  perfect for almost every layout, and I love that you can add color very easily.


One more close-up of all the gorgeous flowers and colors!


I had a blast making this...I hope you are inspired in some way!  Be sure to watch my process video here if you want to see how this all came together.



Thanks so much for visiting me today...see you again soon!  Have a great weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment