Saturday, August 11, 2018

Be Still My Heart / Using Older Supplies

Happy Saturday, lovely friends!  I'm back today with a new layout using up some older supplies from my stash.  I pulled out my bag of Elle's Studio goodies...mostly from 2013.  I sorted through everything and decided to use papers and embellishments that were pink, purple and orange/yellow.  I wound up using pieces from the Serendipity, Penelope and Cameron collections.

I began with the white grid patterned paper.  It had some arrows along the bottom, and I didn't want to have those on my page.  I tore them off and coated a lot of the page with white gesso to blend out some of the pattern.  I used a small grid stencil and smudged some modeling paste over it to create some background texture.  I used lots of Shimmerz sprays to create the orange, pink and purple watercolor areas.  I used Vibez Glorious Day and Sweetheart, Spritz Ruby, Inklingz Pugnacious Purple and later I added Coloringz Well Blue Me Down.


I love how the background texture turned out!  So rough and bumpy to the touch and really great dimension.  I fussy cut some scalloped pieces from some branding strips and added those under the photo along with a few die cuts.  I added a few die cut frames behind my photo as long as some tissue paper.  I did wind up adding a few Amy Tangerine epoxy stickers from a few years ago because they matched so well.


I added more Elle's Studio die cuts here.  I stamped "face" onto this piece here using some very old wooden alpha stamps from my stash.  I got them from Michael's in the $1 spot years ago.  I mixed and matched my title using some older aqua chipboard Thickers and some newer Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas that I had lying on my desk.


I might be obsessed with texture like this...it's so much fun to make.  Thank goodness someone invented stencils, right?! :D
 
I love tearing paper.  I left the edge unglued so it would pop up off the page.  I backed it with a sheet of light purple cardstock and smudged a bit of white gesso along the top and bottom to soften it up a bit.


I almost didn't add any blue on this page, but I tried a piece of blue paper and really liked how it looked.  I added what I had in a few places and finished it off with some aqua tangled thread.  Those adorable little flower sequins are from SpiegelMom Scraps, and they matched so well, so I scattered some around the page.


I fussy cut more flowers to add at the bottom of the page.  I just tucked them under the torn edge here and added some thread and sequins.


I also made a cluster up at the top using more flowers, thread and sequins along with a "My Girl" die cut.  I also machine stitched along the edge of the grid paper with blue thread.  I did add a bit of silver metallic thread as well (a wonderful gift from my scrappy friend Lisa Fonseca...thanks, girl!)


One more close-up just because :)


I had such a blast making this...I love digging into my old stash!  I hope this has inspired you and given you some fun ideas to try.

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment