Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Together You & Me / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Today I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 August Kits, and they're filled with the new Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection.  It's soooo pretty!  It's hard to tell in this picture, but my background is a light pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I used a strip of three color photos and basically layered lots of goodies around it.

I started by adding white gesso to my background.  I used the Coloringz Well Blue Me Down and Inklingz Miner Miner 49er Shimmerz from the Color Kit to create a watercolor look on the cardstock.  I used the packaging technique and a brush.  I also added in some Creameez Great Fruit from a previous Color Kit, and that added a bit of coral.


 I fussy cut this big flower cluster from a Willow Lane paper from the Main Kit and used it as my biggest embellishment.  I also used some gold ink to stamp a few floral images on the background.  That Willow Lane stamp set is to die for!  It's in the Embellishment Kit.  I added in some coral tangled thread and a few of the gold metallic Willow Lane clear leaf stickers.  My title is a combination of the Willow Lane black clear stickers.  Those clear stickers are both in the Main Kit.


I did add some adhesive foam behind everything to raise it up off the page.  I love the dimension and shadowing this creates.


I used three exclusive Project Life cards as layers behind the photos as well as some white tissue paper.  I punched some circles from this cute Amy Tangerine triangle paper and tucked those in at the top and bottom.  That blue flower was on a PL card and I cut it out.  I like to ruffle up the edges of papers sometimes, so I did that here with my edge distresser tool and added in some cord at the bottom of the pink card.


I couldn't resist this adorable Willow Lane chipboard bird.  He fit perfectly on top of the title.  That little puffy heart is also from Willow Lane.


I highly recommend this stamp set.  The images stamp so clear and the detail is amazing!


I added in a cute Willow Lane sticker here and added a puffy flower sticker on top of it.  I also used another chipboard piece on that PL card above the photo.

 

More chipboard here....it's so pretty!  I think layering flowers around my photo is one of my favorite things to do :)


I hope this inspires you in some way.  It was really fun to make, and the Willow Lane collection really is beautiful.  You won't regret purchasing all the kits this month...everything looks so pretty together!

Check out my process video to see more details:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Great fun cute layout, treasure your time with them when they are younger as blink & they are all grown up, I've found out. The colours on this work so well together, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete