Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Love You So Much / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new Hip Kit Club layout to share today.  I created more of a masculine layout featuring the 2018 August Hip Kits.  There are a lot of pretty blue elements in the kits this month, so I decided to go monochromatic for this and scrap a photo of me and my husband.  I began by fussy cutting some of the large dark blue and white flower clusters from a Maggie Holmes paper in the Main Kit.  I also used one of Audrey’s Geometric Rosettes cut file to create some blue flowers and green leaves.  My idea was for all of these flowers to come bursting out from behind the photo.


I used the Robin’s Egg cardstock from the Cardstock Kit for the leaves.  I also used one of the Maggie Holmes Willow Lane Pom Pom Frames as a layer behind the photo.  I used some of the Willow Lane Stickers and Gold Clear stickers as well.


I tucked in a Willow Lane Ephemera tag here and added some cord through the circle.  I really love the Willow Lane Fringe.  I layered the light blue piece under the bottom of the photo.


I went subtle on the background since the flowers were pretty busy.  I covered my white cardstock with clear gesso first and then used everything from the Color Kit.  I sprayed the Well Blue Me Down Shimmerz on top of the stencil and then flipped it over and used it as a stamp.  It’s more of a messy look, which I love.  I also painted on some of the Oakie Bear Blue Inklingz and stamped that.  I finished off the background with some Miner Miner 49er Inklingz, which I splattered and painted on with a brush.  I did tuck in some Amy Tangerine puffy heart stickers, some Willow Lane black and gold clear stickers and some of the metallic gold star trim from the Project Life Kit.


I love all of these fun layers!  They make it easy to create awesome texture and dimension.  I went simple with my title and combined some of the Willow Lane stickers with the black foam Thickers.


Here’s another close-up of the background work.  I did add some machine stitching for more detail with gold metallic thread.


And a few more close-ups of all the fun details!  I tore a bit of a Project Life card here at the bottom and added a few Willow Lane puffy stickers to finish it off.




I hope this inspires you to go monochromatic on your next layout.  It’s fun to pull out all the pieces of one color and work with them only.  It limits your choices so everything in the kit isn’t so overwhelming.  Everything is so pretty, and this just helps you to narrow things down.  Be sure to check out my process video here:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day :)

1 comment:

  1. You used twine! So that counts as your thread!!!! Love this layout. You are so adorable! Love & Hugs from Hawaii!!!!!

    ReplyDelete