Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Vegas Mini Album / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing a new mini album I created for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I chose to use Paige's Mini Album Card with Pocket Envelope and Tag cut file.  It made the assembly of this so easy!  It's made from one piece of paper, and it's so much fun to embellish.  I used mostly the Oh My Heart collection.  Of course I filled the album with lots of pictures from one of our Las Vegas vacations :)


The fun thing about this album is it’s basically made using one sheet of cardstock or paper. It folds up like an accordion and you can close it with some simple ribbon. I even used some chipboard on the inside, and it closes really easily. I used some Turn the Page Ribbon to tie it all together.  I used Oh My Heart Chipboard StickersThickers, and Puffy Stickers on the cover. I also splattered Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.


I’m usually intimidated at the thought of making a mini album, but this cut files makes it very simple. Once you have all the pieces cut, it’s just matter of adding in your photos and embellishments. I wanted to add a bit of mixed media flair to it, so I cut the base of the album using white cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo. I coated it with gesso first and then used some Distress Oxides to smudge on some color. I used lots of papers from the Oh My Heart collection to fill in the squares as well as coordinating embellishments.


My favorite part about this album is the fun fold out piece on the upper right side. I added even more photos as well as an Oh My Heart Chipboard Sticker. I even added some photos on the other sides of the fold out pieces.


Another cool thing about this album is this fun little envelope! I tucked four small photos inside and attached it closed with a heart sticker. Isn’t that the cutest thing ever?!


The gold clear phrase stickers from the 30-page #StickerBook were perfect for this. I love how they look over the patterned paper and the shine really reminds me of Vegas. I added lots of machine stitching to the album base as well.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun photos and details :)





This was so much fun to create! Paige has really made it super easy to put an album together with her cut files!


If you've never made a mini album or are kind of intimidated to make one, this cut file is for you!  It's like a puzzle...you just fill in all the areas with whatever you want.  Check out my process video here to see how I put it all together.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment