Thursday, July 5, 2018

Happy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the 2018 June Hip Kits.  I was inspired by the rainbow colors on the Fresh Air Pinkfresh Studio paper, so I used that as my starting point.  I cut out a rectangular phrase in each color and even added in some strips from other papers & some Project Life cards.  I went with a vertical design, and that made it easy to decide where to place my photo.  I used all three Shimmerz from the Color Kit as well as a few from my stash to add some color strokes behind each piece.  I added lots of bits and pieces around the page, keeping all the colors in their correct place.


I used clear gesso on my white cardstock background first.  After I had all the strips attached to each other, I used some grey ink to stamp a few of the Vicki Boutin flowers.  I used a brush to paint the Shimmerz on, and I love how the colors look peeking out from behind the strips.


I used coordinating colors of thread to stitch through each strip.  I used so many of the Pinkfresh Studio embellishments:  puffy stickers, die cuts, fussy cut pieces, chipboard, and die cuts.


I added a bit of foam under my photo and tried to keep the colors lined up even on the right side.  I tucked in a few flower die cuts, a Pinkfresh enamel dot and a leaf die cut from Pretty Little Studio.


Matching up these colors was a lot of fun. It was like putting a puzzle together!


I love this big peach chipboard flower…such a beautiful color!  I used a few of the Pretty Little Studio word stickers right above the photo.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun colors and details.




I hope this inspires you to create a pretty rainbow on your next layout.  You really can't go wrong with all those beautiful colors :)  Be sure to check out my process video to see how I made this page!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment