Thursday, July 12, 2018

So Much Happiness / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I'm still using the beautiful 2018 June Hip Kits.  My focus for this page was fussy cutting, and I started with the Sweet Life paper from Pretty Little Studio (Main Kit).  It has all kinds of images to cut out, so I did that and then moved on to a few of the Bella Blvd papers and one of the Project Life cards.  I used some Tutu Pink cardstock as my background and added some mixed media goodness on it along with some of the Vicki Boutin Stamps from the Color Kit.  I stacked my photos on top of each other and went to work adding in all the fussy cut bits.


I scraped a lot of white gesso down first using a palette knife.  I pulled out the floral stencil from the April Color Kit and some of the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide from the 2017 November Color Kit.  I also used some of the Pink-o de Mayo Shimmerz from this month's Color Kit.  The grey splatters are also Shimmerz, but that one is not included in the kit.  I pulled all kinds of embellishments from the Pinkfresh Studio Chipboard Stickers.


I used another 4x6 Project Life card as a layer here (white with tiny black dots) as well as some of the packaging from the Pretty Little Studio embellishments.  These cute birds were fussy cut from one of the Bella Blvd papers.  My title is a Pretty Little Studio die cut.


Most of the bits here were fussy cut from the Pinkfresh Studio Sweet Life paper.



I did a bit of stitching with grey thread on the background layers here.


Here I tucked in a Pinkfresh Studio epoxy sticker, a chipboard sticker and added my journaling.


I hope this inspires you fussy cut something from patterned paper and use it as a design element.  I know fussy cutting takes time, but it's so worth it, I think.  You basically get to create your own embellishments!  Be sure to check out my video here for more details:



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow with another layout :)


1 comment:

  1. I love how the 2 photos are the same but different (one, you're the focal point...the other, your daughter is)....LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete