Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Happy Little Life / Using Older Supplies

Hello again, friends!  I'm back with another stash layout today.  I actually started this page about two months ago and never finished it.  I finally did...go me!  I pulled out the Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer and American Crafts 5th and Frolic collections from several years ago.  I hoard all the pretty things, so I had quite a bit of the papers left over.  This layout took some twists and turns, but I like how it turned out.

I actually started with a cut file from Make Paper Art.  I cut it out on white cardstock and then used it as a stencil.  I scraped modeling paste over it to create a fun textured background.  A lot of it wound up getting covered up, but that's okay.  Changes happen, right?!  I used a lot of blue, pink and yellow Shimmerz sprays as well as some Distress Oxides over the paste to create a lot of messy color.  I also did a lot of fussy cutting from paper...lots and lots of flowers!


You can see some of the modeling paste shapes here, and I love how it looks with the ink sprays over it.  I did lots of machine stitching for added color and texture.  I basically just layered in all the flowers I cut out.  I took a chance combining so many different styles of flowers, but in the end I like how they look together.


I tucked in a few colors of tangled thread as well in several places.  Here you can see the zig zag stitching I did up the side.  I also added in some matching sequins from SpeigelMom Scraps.


I even fussy cut the title out of paper.  I wanted to use as much paper as I could, so these letters worked perfectly.


I wanted to keep my journaling light, so instead of using a black pen, I used a metallic silver pen.


I love how the blues turned out on the background.  I started with Shimmerz Chance of Rain and then added in a few blue Distress Oxides to create some variation.


Since the original cut file design was circular, I stitched along those shapes.


One more close-up of the all the beautiful flowers :)


I hope this inspires you pull out some of your older (((hoarded))) stash and use some of it!  It's like going shopping on your shelves and finding brand new stuff again...haha.  Look for fussy cutting opportunities, and you can get some really fun looks.

Here's my video showing how this was made if you're interested:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment