Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sweet Summer / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, and Happy Hump Day :)  I'm back today with a new layout for the Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page featuring the 2018 July Hip Kits, and boy are they beautiful!  My focus today was watercolors and cut files, so I used both.  This awesome cut file is FREE over on the Hip Kit website under the Cut Files tab...yay!  I backed with various papers in the Main Kit as well as a few Project Life cards. 

I wanted to create some "water" and a "sun" on my background, so I used the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors from the Color Kit.  I prepped my white cardstock with clear gesso first and then started spritzing water down.  I dripped some of the blue color down and let it run and spread.  I brought in a few blue Shimmerz sprays from previous kits to add some variation. 


I felt like adding some textured detail to the cut file, so hand stitched around the letters with white embroidery thread.  It's not perfect, but I like it that way :)  I added some foam adhesive to the back to pop it off the page.  I added one of the acrylic words above the S to complete my title.  Easy!  I embellished around the cut file with some of the exclusive flower die cuts as well as some of the Pretty Little Studio flower stickers.


Look at these adorable acrylic clouds!  I had to use them on this page...just so cute.  To make the sun rays, I used a stencil from my stash.  I mixed some of the yellow watercolor with white gesso and smudged it over the stencil.  It was really bright, so I went back over it once it dried with more white gesso.



I love all these little bits and pieces...they're all in the exclusive die cut pack.  I pulled out the Pink-o de Mayo Shimmerz from the June Color Kit and added some pink splatters.  I also added aqua and yellow from the paints I used on the background.


I fussy cut this pink scallop from an exclusive patterned paper and added a bit here at the bottom and another piece above the photo.


Ahhhhh....these colors!  So pretty and summery.


One final close-up of the fun background texture.  I added a few more die cuts here at the top and the outline of a PLS sticker that I cut out for a pop of darker blue.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout using these kits.  Have fun!!  You can check out my process video here if you'd like to see this page in action:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment