Friday, June 1, 2018

Sunshine on My Mind / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! It's Friday....yeah!!  I'm here today with a bright and summery layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Sunburst Rays Background 8.5x11 cut file. I was in the mood to scrap a cute pool photo, so I cut the design three times using three different yellow papers. I used Pick-Me-Up B-side Paper 01 for the top layer and Oh My Heart Paper 10 and Paper 23 for the other two layers. I wanted the sunburst to be very dimensional and have multiple shades of yellow. I created contrast on the white cardstock background using blue acrylic paint as well as blue ink sprays; I like how that represents a sunny sky but also the pool.


I embellished with some fussy cut cranes from Pick-Me-Up Paper 23 and lots of Pick-Me-Up Chipboard StickersStickers, and the Cut Apart Vellum Paper. I created a cluster of pink, yellow, orange, and blue pieces down on the bottom left of the layout. I trimmed my title piece from the vellum and layered it on top of one of the sunbursts.


To make the sunbursts very dimensional, I layered them and then machine stitched through each ray. I bent up the top layer to make it stand up off the page. I love how that turned out! I added more Pick-Me-Up Stickers and some tangled thread around the photo.


Behind my photo I added in some of the rainbow colored packaging from the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers. It makes a great patterned paper!


I love scrapping pool photos because you get instant blue on the page.  That's my favorite color, so it's perfect :)  Here's how my mind works with color:  when I have a lot of one color in my photo (in this case, blue) I know that a contrasting color on the background will make it pop (the yellow).  I did decide to add more blue to the background, but there was so much yellow to separate it, I felt like it didn't take away from the photo.


Here you can see more of the dimension from the bent up sun rays.  Yes, this will definitely get flattened out whenever it goes into an album, but for now it's not...haha!  And let's face it...it will probably not go into an album for a longggg time since I ran out of them! :D


I love how this cluster turned out.  I love this color combo.


I hope this inspires you to get into Summer mode and create something bright and sunny! The Sunburst Rays Background 8.5x11 cut file is perfect for all things summer.  Here's a process video explaining all the details!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment