Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Summer Life / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I hope you're having a great week so far.  I have a new layout for Hip Kit Club to share today.  I used the 2018 May Hip Kits, and my focus for this page is the Vicki Boutin stamps & dies and acrylic paints that all came in the Color Kit.  I began by smudging a lot of the paint onto some white cardstock and letting it dry.  It created a fun marbled look.  The I used some Distress Oxides from previous Color Kits to stamp some of the circle images.  I used the circle dies to cut them out, and I scattered them around the page to create a fun background design.  I tore this pretty striped Heidi Swapp paper from the Paper Kit and attached it to another sheet of white cardstock.  I scraped down a lot of white gesso and then came in with more of the Vicki paints and a palette knife.  I wanted a messy background to coordinate with the circles.  I also stamped directly onto the background.


This page wound up having lots of bright colors.  I embellished with some of the Amy Tangerine clear stickers here on the side of the photo.  I stuck this flower cluster to some white paper first and then fussy cut it out so it wouldn't lose it's color against the background.  I also used some of the Creative Devotion cross stickers, which I cut into plus signs.  The phrase stickers are from Pretty Little Studio, and the cute birds are from the Amy Tangerine clear sticker book.


I mixed and matched the title using the two different Thickers sets.  I added some pops of yellow with the Bella Blvd yellow puffy hearts and more of the Pretty Little Studio die cuts.


I love all the dimension here!  I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam under the photo as well as a Project Life card and one of the Heidi Swapp die cut papers.  I colored it green and then tore it to give it messy edges.  I adhered another bird and die cut as well as some tangled thread.


I really love circles...they are such a fun shape to use.  These stamps and dies made that really easy for this design.


Here are a few more close-ups because I just couldn't stop taking them.  I am in love with these beautiful colors!



I hope this inspires you to create something fun and bright with your Color Kit!  I really love the paints and stamps this month...I can't wait to use them again!  Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this page.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment