Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Squeeze the Day / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 June Hip Kits as well as one of the monthly cut files only available at Hip Kit Club.  I wanted to create a lemon theme since there are a ton of them in the kits.  I began with the Pinkfresh Studio lemon paper and fussy cut some out.  I also cut some lemons on white cardstock as well as the Pretty Little Studio yellow floral transparency paper from the Paper Kit.  I layered them under three photos in a vertical fashion.  I added my title over to the right using the Pinkfresh Studio puffy alpha stickers.


Layering is a great way to get a lot of things on a page.  Here I tucked in some of the lemon die cuts, enamel dots and chipboard (both from Pinkfresh Studio) as well as some fussy cut light pink circles that I fussy cut from a Project Life card.  I decided to paint the white lemon die cuts using the beautiful Shimmerz Going Peach Side from the Color Kit.


I love the dimension that layering creates.  I did add some adhesive foam and tissue paper behind my photos and then added in more goodies...a Pinkfresh Studio puffy sticker, more chipboard and some epoxy circle stickers.


I searched Pinterest for a fun lemon quote and found this!  It was perfect since I'm literally squeezing my daughter in the photos...haha!  I used my ruler to make sure they were straight.  I did add another lemon, a pink circle and more enamel dots to the right.


Before I glued any of this down, I covered my white cardstock in clear gesso.  I used the Shimmerz Frostbite Vibez on the background to contrast against all the white and yellow elements.


I used one of the Vicki Boutin stamps here under the top photo to add a cute sentiment and a pop of black.  I also added in some of the Pretty Little Studio washi tape strips...only the ones with tiny black designs on them to add a subtle pop of black.


Here's one more close-up of all the fun layers, colors and dimension :)


This was so fun to put together!  Always look through your papers and embellishments to see if there might be a theme.  In this case, it was lemons.  It's fun when your photos go along perfectly with your products, and then you find the perfect title.  Check out my process video for more details!



Thanks for stopping by!  See you soon.


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Love the design and all the lemon slices!!

    ReplyDelete