Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Sweet & Shady / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, lovely friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 May Hip Kits to create a fun and tropical page.  I used a lot of the Color Kit on this as well as lots of products from past Color Kits.  I was first inspired by the sunglasses on one of the Subscriber cut files this month.  I also cut several of the flowers from the cut file using some of the pink Heidi Swapp papers from the Main Kit.  I jazzed them up with some of the Vicki Boutin paints.  I tore the green leaf Heidi Swapp paper to take up half the background.  I attached it to white cardstock and then scraped blue Vicki Boutin paint on the bottom half.


I wanted some yellow glasses, so I cut them on white cardstock first.  I used some gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine first and then painted on some of the yellow Dina Wakely acrylic paint from a past Color Kit.  To make the shiny lenses, I painted some of the Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glaze on some plastic packaging.  It turned out so cool!  I added some adhesive foam around the glass frames to pop them off the page.


I scattered the layered flowers around the photos.  The pink contrasts against the blue so nicely.  I finished them off with some yellow enamel dots.


I tucked in some of the Crate Paper rose gold glitter Thicker leaves in a few places as well as some coordinating tangled thread.


I created a little cluster over on the right side of the glasses.  I used a Pretty Little Studio banner shaped die cut, an Amy Tangerine die cut and some fussy cut glasses from a Crate Paper paper.


Layers and dimension....yesssss!


I added some foam behind my photos.  The dimension is my favorite :)


Here's that cluster I mentioned earlier.  I love how these lenses look darker in some light and really shiny when you tilt the page!


And one last close-up of all the pretty things :)


I hope this inspires you to make something cool with the Color Kit!  Check out my process video if you'd like more details :)




Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


1 comment: