Thursday, January 14, 2016

XOXO / The Cut Shoppe

Hey, friends!  Happy Thursday:)  Today I'm sharing a layout for The Cut Shoppe using the new Half Hearted cut file.  It's such a fun background design!


I decided to try something different with this layout.  I used the Sketch Pens to draw the hearts instead of using the blade to cut them.   I wasn't sure about gesso smudging the ink, so I added the gesso to my paper first and then ran it through the Cameo.  It worked perfectly!  I used watercolors and gelatos to color in the hearts.  My color scheme was inspired by the new Hello Love line from Crate Paper.


Coloring in all the hearts was so fun and relaxing.  The colors blended so nicely together.  I fussy cut the big XO and the camera from patterned papers and used them as embellishments.  I also added some machine stitching in between each painted heart...it worked out perfectly.


I was so excited once all the stitching was finished...I love how it looks like the hearts are being held together.  I love how you can resize cut files and create a brand new look with them.  And how about that gold watercolor....I'm loving it!


I pulled in a few clear & black stickers from a MAMBI sticker pad I bought at Hobby Lobby. I also added in some gold glitter Maggie Holmes heart stickers as well as some Tim Holtz sentiment stickers.


I fussy cut these cute hearts from patterned paper...I think they go perfectly with the cut file hearts.  I added another strip of striped patterned paper to the left and some tangled thread in a few places.


Finally, here's another look at the hearts.  I really want to try this again...using the sketch pens and watercolor.  So fun and different!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this page together.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Missy...! Love the heart background with the watercolor effect.

    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love watching your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you've done with those hearts, Missy! The stitching is such a great touch, and all the gold bits really make your page pop!

    ReplyDelete