Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hello Love / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing a new layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2016 January Hip Kits!  This is my first page using these kits, and they are simply amazing.  It's so difficult to pick and choose what to use first.  I started with one of the Basic Grey papers and added some white gesso.  I used the Pucker Up Pink Dazzlerz texture paste in the Color Kit and some of the Prima Watercolor Pencils from past Color Kits to give different shades of pink to the background.  I also used the exclusive heart stencil and some of the Heidi Swapp Gold texture paste.  The mixed media products this month are fabulous!!

I love all the wood veneer, chipboard, vellum die cuts, rub-ons, brads....so much goodness!


I created lots of layers here...I combined tissue paper, patterned papers, chipboard, glitter die cuts, stickers and puffy stickers here.  I tangled some teal thread from my stash here to create more color and texture.  That cute butterfly is a My Mind's Eye rub-on.


This is my favorite part of the layout :)  I heat embossed part of the Crate Paper wood veneer with gold powder.  I just love how it turned out!  And gold is my favorite :)  It looks so awesome against that pink background, too.


Eeeeeek!  Shiny gold hearts...it doesn't get much better than that!  I fussy cut the XOs from one of the Crate Paper papers and stitched them down.  "Blissful" is a vellum die cut...there are a few different words included in the kits.


Here's one more close up of the bottom part of the layout.  I stitched through this geometric chipboard heart and added a few stickers on both sides.  I added my journaling below that.  Aren't those colors just so yummy?!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment