Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Moments to Remember / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 December Hip Kits.  I decided to start with a charcoal grey cardstock background and add bright elements to it.  I used white gesso first and then painted on some of the Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz.  I love how it turned out!  I did some fussy cutting from some of the Maggie Holmes papers and used those pieces for embellishments as well as some of the chipboard and wood veneer.  I pulled out the Lemon Twist Yellow Paint Dabber from the May Color Kit and used that to create the yellow splatters.


Lots of letters going on here...I combined the big MOMENTS chipboard letters with the silver glitter Thickers.  I also layered the "dream" die cut here, even thought it really doesn't "go" with my title.  I just liked how it looked :)


Here you can see the Shimmerz really well.  The gesso did a great job of coating the cardstock to give the paint a place to go.  Plus, since the gesso is white, it kept the Shimmerz true to its color.  I love all the depth going on here, too.


Here's a look at the top of the layout...more paint, layers and tangled thread.


A close up of the layers on the right.  I did do a bit of machine stitching as well.


Here's a look at the process of how I put this layout together if you're interested.  I hope it inspires you in some way!


Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love what you did with the darker background. I struggle with those kind of layouts, but you made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete