Friday, January 8, 2016

Just Sayin' / My Mind's Eye

Happy Friday, everyone!  I have a new layout to share for My Mind's Eye combining a few different collections.  We are anxiously awaiting the new lines coming soon, and so I decided to dive into my MME stash and put some different pieces together.  I used a lot of papers from Just Sayin' and My Story.  I used an older frame stamp from the Cut & Paste collection on several different papers and then cut them all out.  I layered them behind the photos to create a fun and unique design.  I added some machine stitching with grey thread to add a bit more detail.

I also used bits and pieces from the Market Street Ashbury Heights line, Necessities and Jubliee Wild Berry.  It was really fun to mix and match everything. 


These fun black and white alpha stickers are from Necessities.  I used my gelatos on the background and on top of the stickers so they would blend in a bit more.  I paired them with some of the alphas from Just Sayin'.  The white cardstock is part of the My Colors Cardstock line in Snowbound Canvas.  

These fun die cuts are from Just Sayin' and the chipboard camera is from My Story.  I fussy cut part of a transparency here as well.  I love creating fun clusters using different tid bits!


I added a few black heart rub-ons from Jubilee Wild Berry and a few enamel hearts from Just Sayin'.  I love how mixed media products look on this cardstock...the texture looks fabulous.


Here's one more close up of the layered stamped frames.  Stamps are such a fun way to get different looks on a layout...you can create embellishments or stamp directly onto the paper.


I had lots of fun creating this...I hope it inspires you in some way!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Missy, you have always always been one of my favorites. This is stunning. I had to share one of your layouts on my shop page (https://www.facebook.com/MyScrapCabinShop) so people can come check your work out. I miss you! :) Hope all is well.

    xErin

    ReplyDelete