Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Beautiful / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, everyone!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 December Hip Kits.  I decided to use up that big sheet of Heidi Swapp Rub-Ons from the Main Kit for this layout.  I tried to create a fun confetti look...or a starry night type of idea.  Since my daughter is looking upward in the photo, I placed the rub-ons to the right so it looks like she's looking at them.  I used white cardstock and only did a bit of mixed media work behind the photo. 

I used some of the Shimmerz watercolor paints from the Color Kit on two of the Heidi Swapp mistable tags for background layers and added in a Project Life card.  Those cute gold glitter hexagons are from a little notepad that is also Heidi Swapp.  I colored some of the little wood veneer stars with the gold Color Shine from the November Color Kits.


I just love these colors!  It did take me a while to apply all of these, but the result was worth it.  I had been staring at this rub-on sheet all month wondering what I could do with them, and then this idea popped into my head.


I fussy cut this flower from one of the PL cards and then layered this gold glitter Thicker as my title.  I love that you can bend and shape them.  I also added in some shiny gold thread.


The Shimmerz paints are super sparkly and shimmery when they dry...and they coated these tags just perfectly.  Gorgeous colors!  I like how the yellow and pink contrast with the blues in the photo.


I added in a strip of patterned paper at the top of the page and layered in a shiny gold trimmed label.  I also used a few more of the rub-ons here as well as a glitter Thicker heart.  I did echo the mixed media idea here, too, by adding a bit of aqua mist and watercolor.


Here's the process video for you...I hope it gives you some fun ideas on how to use rub-ons!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a scrap booker, but a card maker. I saw your layouts in blog land and had to stop by and tell you I'm a fan! Your layouts are wonderfully designed and so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!! and what a gorgeous smile she has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! I'm in love with those rub ons and how you used them!

    ReplyDelete