Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New monthly KITS at My Scraps & More, plus a few pages

Hey there, scrappy friends!  Before I get started with my post, I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who visits my blog.  I truly love reading your comments, and honestly, I'm floored by most of them!  When I started blogging, I just wanted a place to upload my pages so I could enter into challenges.  Over time, I've realized that creating pages is a lot more than that...I've discovered the whole concept of "inspiration" and creating because it's something that comes from within you.  I'm so inspired by so many other scrappers, and I really never thought that my work would inspire anyone.  Reading your comments means the world to me, and if you're inspired by one little piece of my creations, then I'm completely flattered and honored!  Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to visit me.

I don't know if you've heard, but My Scraps and More has started offering monthly kits!  Tammi has put together TWO Christmas kits for this month...one is full of bright colors & patterns while the other one is more classic reds & greens.  Take a look at them both....

Sugarplums Kit ($24.99)


Classic Christmas ($29.99)


These kits are awesome...our DT got to play with them.  Click HERE for more information.  Click HERE to purchase one in the store.  You can get 20% off the kits if you use the code MISSY20!!  Woo Hoo!!  I made four layouts with the Sugarplums kit, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  It's so bright and just my style!

My first page is full of bright colors & patterns!  A few years ago, I remember thinking all my Christmas pages HAD to have only red & green in the papers...not anymore!  I love the pink & aqua in this mix.  And it helps that my daughter had a lime green shirt on!  A perfect match :)  This page is based on an exclusive Jenny Evans sketch that comes in the kit!


Next up is one I created using photos from two years ago.  My youngest had just started walking. One of the papers in the kit is full of fun Christmas sayings, and I knew that I wanted to use "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" as my title.  However, we live in Florida, and there is no such thing as a "winter wonderland"...haha!  So I added my own flair to change up the title. 


This is a page featuring pictures of my youngest not giving two cares that she's meeting Santa!  She wasn't interested in him at all.  He came to visit her school, and I was there to help out that day.  I used a lot of the cute Crate Paper tags & journaling blocks for this one, as well as some of the Crate Paper border strips.


My last page is of a photo of all of us with Santa from 2010.  Both girls wanted nothing to do with him...so hubby and I wound up being in the photo with them.  We weren't planning on being in the picture, so we didn't dress the part at all...but it wound up being a funny memory.  I know it's hard to see, but the looks on both of their faces are priceless!  This page is a mix of Crate Paper & Echo Park.


If you're interested in ordering either of these kits, you can order either of them from the store right HERE!  Very reasonable prices for some awesome scrappy goodness :)

Also.........there is a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale going on right now, and you can get 55% off of most items in the store!!  Yes....55%!!!!!  That's a KILLER sale!!  Get over there NOW!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by today!


6 comments:

  1. All amazing pages Missy and I always love stopping in to see your work!! I couldn't pick a favorite out of these, but I love the titles on the Walking in a Winter Wonderland page and on the No Santa Fans Here!! :) Such great uses of that fun kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts Missy. I was not sure about the colors in that Christmas kit but you rocked it.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! so many fun and colourful LOs it's hard to pick a favourite. I like the idea of using untraditional colours on xmas projects :)
    Wish you a creative week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip and the discount code! I just purchased the Sugarplums kit as a Christmas present for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all these LO and the bright colors you use
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layouts! Those kits look fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete