Sunday, June 5, 2016

Summer in December / Claudia VanR Designs

Happy Sunday, friends!  I'm so excited to share this layout with you all today.  Fellow scrapbooker and YouTuber Claudia VanR has been designing her own beautiful digital and printable scrapbook collections for her Etsy store for several months now.  She asked me if I would create a layout using her new summer Hot Right Now collection, and of course I said YES!  It's so beautiful.

Claudia is a natural at coming up with fun designs, and this collection has a TON of pieces.  There are patterned papers, pages of ephemera and die cuts, alphas, enamel dots, and flair.  The cool thing about purchasing a digital collection is you can print is as many times as you want, and you never run out!

Here is a sampling of the collection.  You can find it HERE to purchase it in her Etsy store.



Here is the layout I created.  My photos from Anguilla were perfect for this!  The blues were a match, and I just had to create a beautiful sunny layout to do these photos justice.  I started with some white gesso on my card stock.  I used the pie chart circle paper as a giant sun and stitched through all the rays.  I love how that turned out!  I added a few paper layers behind the photos and added a bit more gesso on top of those.  I came in with some Shimmerz Aqua Huez and Vibez to create the "water splashes" on the background.  If you love the watercolor look but don't like actually getting messy, there are papers in this line that already have that look on them!  Brilliant.

Note:  I did add 3 flair buttons from my stash and some alpha stickers.  The rest is from Hot Right Now.


 Is this not the most gorgeous blue color?  I am loving it, and I wanted to make it stand out a bit more so I made sure I added in the pinks and yellows to contrast.  I added in some pink tangled thread as well as some blue around my flair button (from A Flair For Buttons).


Here are a lot of the ephemera.  Now, I  mention this in my process video, but I still haven't learned how to do Print & Cut on my Cameo.....I know!  Terrible.  So I just fussy cut these pieces out the old fashioned way...with my scissors!  As you can see, there are butterflies, frames, flowers, circles...you name it, it's there.  There are SO many pieces to choose from.


This may be my favorite paper.  I love this watercolor circle.  The colors are my favorite, and it made the perfect sun.  I added a few white alphas here to document where we were.


There is a whole sheet of scripty titles, and this one was perfect for this page.  I did add a few Glitz alphas from my stash.  My journaling fit perfectly right here, and I added a little banner piece as well as another flair.


One more close-up of the watercolor.  I'm so glad I had a Shimmerz to match this beautiful blue.  I used some plastic packaging here s well as some splatters.


Here's my process video of how this layout was created.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Make sure you check out Claudia's YouTube Channel, her Etsy Store, and her Blog!  She's an amazing scrapbooker, and I just love all of her work!

Have a great day!

1 comment: