Friday, June 10, 2016

Fave Photo / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  Happy Friday...yay!  Today I'm sharing a new layout I created for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I create weekly Shimmez Shortz videos on YouTube every Thursday sharing tips, techniques and ideas for using Shimmerz products.  I also do a lot of Product Spotlights which show what the products look like.  This week's video shows you how you can use a brayer to create a fun background.

I used Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue, Don't Citron Me & Oh Say Can You Sea and Vibez Jeni B Bleu to create the first layers and then came back in with Dazzlerz Jelly Bean Green and Shimmerz Anchors Away to add even more color and sparkle.  I threw a bunch of embellishments I had lying on my desk and created this layout.  I used a few Me & My Big Ideas Project Life cards & stickers, some Thickers, a flair button, a puffy cloud sticker, some enamel hearts and some stamping.  All random goodies from different manufacturers :)


Here you can see how the brayer spread the paint on the cardstock.  You really don't need much ink to do this, either.  I didn't use any gesso or anything to prime my cardstock, and it did not warp at all.  It looks like a lot of ink, but it's not.  I also added some splatters.


I combined some Thickers with some Bella Blvd black alphas here, and I used a fun Michael's $1 stamp to create that fun checklist.  I added some tangled thread and some machine stitching.  That transparent word is from Pinkfresh Studio.  I also added in some washi tape there on the left of the title area.


More washi tape down here, more thread and a MAMBI sticker.  I just love all the green and blue in the background!  I'll definitely be using the brayer again soon.


Here are a few more MAMBI stickers and some stamping.  That big scribble circle die cut has been sitting on my desk for forever...it makes the perfect messy layer.


Here's the Shimmerz Shortz if you'd like to see the brayer in action and how it created this background.


This is the 43rd Shimmerz Shortz video, so make sure you check out all the others to get even more ideas and learn more about all the Shimmerz products!  You can view them on my channel or the Shimmerz TV Channel.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: