Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Good Times / The Cut Shoppe

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my last layout for The Cut Shoppe Design Team.  I decided to take a little break and not reapply for the next term.  I have become so busy with scrappy deadlines, and I felt like I needed to free up a little time.  My girls are home for the summer, and I just need a little extra time to be away from my desk and enjoying time with them.  I want to thank Ashley for having me!  I have truly enjoyed every second of my time here, and I will continue to use her awesome cut files!

I used the new Fresh Squeezed cut file for my layout, and I couldn't love it more!


I was in a stash-busting mood, so I pulled out the Crate Paper The Pier and Poolside collections.  This is a photo of me and my husband in St. Maarten back in December.  We were walking around Phillipsburg after lunch and stopped in at a gelato place.  In the back they had this awesome little lounge area, so we sat, relaxed and took selfies :)

I used various papers from both collections to back these circles.  I love all the fun and light colors.  I was inspired by the bright blue and soft yellow in the photo.  I worked in some wood grain as well.  I used white gesso and Shimmerz sprays on the background to create messy blue/green watercolor effects behind the cut file.  I used a ton of chipboard on this page...something I rarely do. 


I have a few retro Summer flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons that matched perfectly with this page, so I had to use them.  I love how these two collections work so well together.  And I love using so many patterns like this on one layout.


I used a chipboard frame under my photo & paper layers and also a chipboard flower cluster.  I have a ton of dimension going on here!  I added pop dots behind the title and used some tiny Studio Calico wood veneer alphas to complete the title.


These tiny wood veneers are a challenge to get glued down because they're so small!  But I got it done :)  I used a Crate Paper jounaling sticker down here at the bottom to write about the photo.


It's Chipboardpalooza here...haha!  Ice cream comes and word pieces...and I love how they all look together.  Since we had just eaten gelato, these cones were perfect to use.  I've had them for years and haven't had a use for them until now.  That is a perk of hoarding...haha!  There's another flair button as well.  I added dark blue thread under the cones to give them some separation from the busy background.  Without it, they sort of blended in.  The thread helps them stand out a bit more.


Here's one more look at the background work and the chipboard layering.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope you get some fun ideas from it!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Sunday.  And thank you for being so awesome during my time here at The Cut Shoppe.  I will miss you all.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutley stunning! I love how happy and bright this layout is! The layers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Missy! I love it the new look of your blog. This layout is marvelous!
    greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete