Thursday, June 16, 2016

Lovely Paige / My Mind's Eye

Happy Thursday!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for My Mind's Eye, and I was inspired by all of the cute flamingos in the On Trend 2 collection.  I pulled some from the Chipboard Elements, the Mixed Bag of die cuts and a wood veneer one.  Then I decided to paint a giant one!  I found a digital cut file in the Silhouette store, and I used my sketch pens to draw it onto my background paper.  Then I used a paint brush and some Shimmerz Inklingz and Creameez to paint it.  I'm definitely no professional, but I love how it turned out!

I used a few die cut floral pieces and a shiny gold doily as layers behind my photo along with a bit of striped pattered paper.


Every time I see flamingos, there are always a lot of them together.  I layered these up so it looked like they were in a small herd, and I love how they're "looking" at her in the photo.  I added some shiny gold thread and a gold Rub-On heart.


I used turquoise acrylic paint for my background splashes, and I love how it looks up next to the gold, navy blue and bold pink.  I combined a Rub-On with the alpha stickers for my title.


How adorable is this flair button?!  It had to be used on this layout, and this was just the right spot.  I tucked in another little flamingo here since he was facing the opposite direction as the others.  I also layered in a floral wood veneer.


Using a water brush made painting this flamingo really easy.  I wasn't intending for it to to look realistic.  I wanted it to have a messy look to it while still echoing the others.  I love how it turned out, and using the Shimmerz made the shading really easy.  I added some gold splatters as well as some paint splatters.


Here's one more close-up of the top...heart stickers, layers and shiny gold thread ;)


I had a ton of fun making this...I hope you give free hand painting a try!  And if you have a Silhouette Cameo, remember the sketch pens.  They can draw anything and then you're able to basically just paint it in.

Hope you have a great day!  See you soon :)

3 comments:

  1. This is one layout I wish I could have seen your process video!!! Beautiful and creative beyond measure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it hat huge flamingo is great the whole page look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page! I'm in love with that large painted flamingo!

    ReplyDelete