Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pool Side Fun / The Cut Shoppe

Hey, friends!  I'm back today with a layout for The Cut Shoppe using the gorgeous new Sunny Side Up collection and the Summer Sun & Fun cut file.  Ashley did a fabulous job designing this collection.  It's so perfect for summer photos!




Here is my layout.  I used the phrase "Pool Side" from the cut file, enlarged it, and made it my title.  I had a different design in mind originally, but I love how this turned out.  I backed the cut file with one of the patterned papers and then fussy cut it out.  I used three more patterned papers behind my photos and lots of the ephemera and die cuts to embellish.  I added some pink and coral ink sprays to some modeling paste and used my palette knife to spread it onto my background.


I first wanted to create a diagonal design with my title and photos, but it just didn't look right to me.  So that's why I fussy cut the title out and set everything straight.  I did some machine stitching here and added a cute wood veneer.


I'm so loving the colors in the collection.  They match my pool brick so perfectly...haha!  I love this pink blush color, and it looks so soft and airy on the background.  I also added a few sequins here and there.


Here's the top of the page.  Aren't those cut aparts so cute?  I stitched through them and added some wood veneer hearts.


Here's one more look at the title area.  I punched the yellow piece from patterned paper to create a little sun and added the die cuts over it with some tangled thread.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope it inspires you!




Thanks so much for watching, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the modeling paste mixture on the background!

    ReplyDelete