Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer Goodness / Simple Stories

Hey there!  I have a bright and sunny layout to share today for Simple Stories.  Summer layouts are my favorite to make, and the new Sunshine & Happiness collection is right up my alley.  I have a ton of cute pool photos of my girls, and these two of Paige were perfect for these colors.  I used the awesome Sassy Circles cut file from The Cut Shoppe on some white cardstock first.  It's a fold & cut design, so it only cuts have the circle and heart.  Then you fold it over and put patterned papers behind the open spots.  It's so fun and cool!

 I got all the circles backed, and I did a little "out of the circle" backing with the sun and with a fussy cut flower on the third row.  I used my Shimmerz sprays and some gelatos to create some watercolor behind most of the circles in coordinating colors.  Once everything was dry, I ran it through my sewing machine and stitched through all the rows.  This was so much fun to do.


I didn't do a whole lot of extra embellishing since the circles did most of the work on the page.  I cut my title on my Cameo, added some tangled thread and some little phrase stickers here.  I like the white-on-white because it's less busy and gives it a subtle look.


I couldn't resist adding this cute little birdie down here.  I made sure he was looking in towards the layout.  I added a single line of journaling and added a few more stickers.


These balloons didn't really go with anything in the photos, but the colors were spot on, and they looked great right here.  So they made it onto the page :)  Swimming in the summer is a celebration and a party most of the time, so I guess the balloons are appropriate...haha.  I added more thread and more stickers.


I love how this turned out.  I fussy cut the sun from one of the papers and positioned it so it came out of the circle.  I painted all the hearts a contrasting color, and I am really pleased with the outcome.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. You totally rocked this collection! Love the yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete