Monday, June 27, 2016

On Island Time / Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for Citrus Twist Kits.  I used the June Main Kit and Embellishment Kit for this.  All of the pretty papers and embellishments were the perfect colors to make an island-themed layout, and so that is where my inspiration came from for this.  I love the woodgrain Maggie Holmes paper, and I used some acrylic paints & Shimmerz (and white gesso) to create the background.  Those green leaves are from the blue map Jen Hadfield paper, but I painted them green.

This photo is of me and my husband in St. Maarten, and we were having lunch in a little restaurant right on the ocean.  You can't really see it there behind us because it was so bright, but it's there :)  I love all the yellow in the photo, and the blues and greens compliment it nicely, I think.


I used my Cameo to cut "island" out of one of the Pink Paislee Fancy Free papers and paired that with the Cocoa Vanilla wood grain alpha stickers.  I also used a lot of the CV die cuts...a lot of the flowers and this cute banner.


I did some machine stitching through the tropical leaves and added lots of tangled thread here in a coral color.  I used a few of the printed cut apart label pieces to write my journaling on, and I used the exclusive stamp set as well.


Here's a close up look at those leaves.  I found them in the Silhouette store, and they totally remind me of the tropics!  This We R Memory Keepers puffy flower was the perfect color for that spot!


Here's a closer look at those label pieces with the journaling.  I added in some of the exclusive word and phrase stickers here...that blue color is amazing!


Here's my process video for this page....I had a great time making it.  I hope it inspires you!


Thanks so much for visiting me today!

1 comment:

  1. Fun fun fun! I love the acrylic paint and how you used those leaf cut files. Great page as always!

    ReplyDelete