Monday, June 13, 2016

Adventure Awaits / Bella Blvd

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  I was up on the blog Friday, and I used the Let's Go collection to create this fun travel-themed layout.  I pulled a few bits and pieces from a few other lines as well.  My focus on this layout was creating themed die cuts to go along with your design.  Since these photos are of me and my husband waiting for our plane to take off, I wanted to use my Cameo to cut out some small airplanes.  I used various patterned papers to cut them, and then I layered them together and stitched through them.  I love the little clusters they created.

I did a bit of mixed media on my background with white gesso and blue Shimmerz.  I wanted to create a sky effect with the clouds.  Since we were about to be high in the sky, I figured it was appropriate :)


I love how this area turned out.  I used a blue gelato to add some light blue smudges to the bottom of this chipboard piece.  I love how it breaks up the solid white and gives it a bit of detail.  I used pop dots to raise it up, and that makes such a difference.  I added a bit of orange thread and a few stickers as well.


Here's a look at the die cut airplanes.  This is a great idea to do if your collection doesn't have the exact embellishment you're looking for.  I ran them through my sewing machine with some extra tangled thread.  I angled the planes so it looks like they're taking off.


These clouds!  I wish had a thousand of them.  I love how they look layered like this and the stitching added some fun detail.  The big white die cut cloud is from The Cut Shoppe.  I added in some orange and yellow papers here from another collection just to add a pop of a different color.


Lots of fun stickers and enamel dots here...I had to add in a little sun sticker since I created a sky.


Here's one more look at the title area.  I added in some Tiny Text red alphas to complete my title.  I'm usually not a huge fan of red on my pages, but this one just called for it.  I like it in small doses, I guess :)


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I will see you again soon!

5 comments: