Friday, June 3, 2016

Love This Cutie / Bella Blvd

It's finally Friday again...yay!  We have four more days of school here...come on June 9th!  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  As a member of the Creative Team, I am one of two video contributors.  This was my first process video for the team, and I had a great time putting this project together.  I pulled out my most favorite Bella collection and got to work.

The majority of the papers I used for this are from the Illustrated Faith She Blooms and Whatever is Lovely collections.  I found a rose cut file from the Silhouette Store and used lots of the patterned papers to back the open spots.  I know you've seen this technique about a million times, but it never gets old!  And the result is always pretty, especially when the colors are this beautiful :)  I used a piece of glimmer orange card stock and added some white gesso to it.  I used some pink and blue Shimmerz sprays to create that watercolor look on the background.


I added pop dots behind the flowers to create some depth, which always makes an impact on a layout.  Here you can see the background work as well.  I added in some tangled thread and some enamel dots for added extra pops of color.


I love this Bella chipboard!  I used some Shimmerz and gelatos to color it blue and then paired it with some Tiny Text alpha stickers to create the title.  I also fussy cut some flowers from the She Blooms paper to layer behind the photos.  That chipboard is also from She Blooms.


Here's a good look at the watercolor on the background.  I love playing with inks and sprays...I just love the look when it dries!  Here are more enamel dots and more fussy cut She Blooms florals.


Here's one more close-up of the die cut and papers.  These truly are all my favorite colors together, and I love how they look with a black & white photo.  The contrast between them makes each one stand out.


Here is my process video showing how I made this layout from start to finish...I hope you enjoy and draw some inspiration from it in some way :)


As always, thank you so much for visiting my blog.  I wish you a very happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! NEver thought to do mixed media on a darker background like that. You rock!

    ReplyDelete