Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Cherish / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my final layout using the 2016 May Hip Kits, and I started with that beautiful Bella Blvd Illustrated Faith washi tape.  I added a bunch of strips to some cardstock and then punch circles out of it.  I followed the June sketch designed by Ashley Horton, and it has lots of circles.  I used a few different pink acrylic paints on my background mixed with a bit of Caribbean Sunset Shimmerz.  I used a palette knife to smudge the paint, and it gives such a cool look.  It doesn't blend because it's so thick and it dries pretty quickly.  I punched my photo as well and made that circle my focal point.


I used an orange gelato to smudge a bit of color onto this Bella chipboard word.  I love how this background looks with the tape and punched circles. Such fun girly colors!  I didn't use any gesso on this, so my I was able to write pretty smoothly on the cardstock.


I love how this vellum heart turned out!  I used some of the paint on it and the sprayed Shimmerz on it.  It curled up a lot, but it smoothed out once it dried.  I stitched it down here and then added a die cut and some enamel hearts. All of these pieces come in the kits.


I added pop dots under my photo which makes it really easy to add things under it.  It also gives great dimension and shadowing.  I added this perfect little floral cluster here as well...it matches the tape!


Here is the June sketch if you'd like to use it:


Here's my process video...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by...have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments: