Saturday, June 11, 2016

Gettin' Frisky / Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Weekend!  I have a layout for Citrus Twist Kits to share today using the 2016 June Main "Capri" Kit.  I created this layout with only one of the exclusive patterned papers and a few embellishments.  I love both sides of this beautiful patterned paper, and so I cut a bunch of different-sized hearts on my Cameo.  I placed them all around my photos and left room in between them for my title.  I love this fun color scheme!

I did a bit of mixed media work on the background.  I used clear gesso first and then came in with a few different colors of watercolor.  I also added in some background stamping using the exclusive stamp set.


I glued all these hearts together while I was putting everything together so they wouldn't get scattered.  I liked how I placed them the first time, so attaching them as a big unit helped them to stay put until I glued them to the paper.  I also added in some tangled thread from my stash and some of those cute Freckled Fawn silver puffy heart stickers.  I cut the word "frisky" on white cardstock on my Cameo and used watercolors to make it pink.


I added in some of the Cocoa Vanilla alpha stickers to complete my title, and I used four of the exclusive cut apart labels as layering pieces.  I love how the watercolor turned out on the background...very subtle.


I added one of the Cocoa Vanilla frames to this photo and added pop dots under it.  I love how it creates depth and gives a nice shadow effect.  This was the perfect spot for my  journaling.


Here's my process video of how this layout came together.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas for your next layout!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Missy, I feel so guilty. I look at your blog and videos every day and I have never commented. I love your layouts. Simply love them. And I wish I could be as free as you are in your designs. So I'm doing my best to follow your free artsy style. Anyway, I feel badly that I never comment because your layouts are the ones I enjoy most in the blogosphere. Just wanted to tell you. Keep up the great work. Love your mix media additions. And the Silhouette work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I LOVE those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it`s so amazing! I love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete