Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bloom & Grow / Simple Stories

Hey there, and Happy Weekend!  Today I have another layout for Simple Stories to share.  I really love how this one turned out!  I used the new Bloom & Grow collection, and I decided to use that as my title.  This photo is really neat.  We were out riding 4-wheelers one day and we stopped to hop off and run around in the woods.  I saw Paige's reflection in the mirror and had to take a picture.  I love her little face and all the green grass in the background.  So perfect for this collection!

I created some larger flowers and leaves on my Cameo using some of the dotted patterned papers and combined them with a lot of the die cut flowers & leaves from the Bits & Pieces and Snap! Pack.  I used some white gesso and acrylic paint with a palette knife on my background.  I placed the bulk of the design on the right hand side of the page since she is looking to the left in the photo.  I also set the photo higher than half way up since she is looking down.  It looks like she is looking down at the title.


Creating this title was super easy since these pieces were in the collection.  I layered the words over this big ampersand, and I love how that wood grain looks!  I had lots of fun layering and tucking in all the little flowers and leaves everywhere.  I added in that scalloped border sticker and some tangled thread as well.



More tangled thread here...and lots of fun ink splatters.


I love to cut big statement pieces from paper on my Cameo to use as layers instead of just using a solid piece the same shape as my photo. I like the interest it gives and it goes along with the theme of the page.


I added my journaling here under the title and then added a few stickers, more leaves and some machine stitching.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this gives you some fun ideas on using this awesome collection with your outdoor photos.  Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. This layout is beyond beautiful! It is different from your usual mixed media style, but it is a feast for the eyes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so pretty, Missy! What a gorgeous photo, and I just love what you've done with this collection. It wasn't one of my faves, but you're definitely changing my mind ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeouss! What an awesome photo! I love the cut files. Great collection to work with!

    ReplyDelete