Thursday, June 9, 2016

Laugh Happy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I'm still using the 2016 May Hip Kits.  I mixed in a lot of Jillibean Soup paper and embellishments with the exclusive pieces designed by Kim Watson.

I cut one of Kim's cut files on this really busy and colorful Jillibean Soup patterned paper.  I added a lot of white gesso around the area to fade away a lot of the busy pattern.  I came in with some pink Shimmerz Vibez to create a solid color around the cut file.  I backed it with another exclusive paper and added a bit of yellow to make it pop a bit more.  I also used a black pen to trace around the edges.  I added lots of exclusive die cuts, and that adorable camera is a Jillibean Soup placemat that I added yellow color to.


I added pop dots to the camera to give it some depth.  I love how these pretty feathers curve around the camera's edge.  I added a few Simple Stories wood veneer feathers as well a few other things...an exclusive flair button, some Bella Blvd chipboard and enamel hearts, exclusive puffy stickers and cut apart phrases and some tangled thread from my stash.


Three cheers for color!  Love all this together...I fussy cut that little "life" piece from the cut apart sheet that Kim designed, and that floral cluster is from the Illustrated Faith Bella Blvd chipboard sheet.


Here's a closer look at the background.  I love how you can still see the pattern through the gesso and ink yet it's still pretty faded and toned down.  I cut this little circle from the cut apart sheet and added a few of the exclusive acrylic triangles.


Here's one more close-up of the bottom area.  I love the shadow created from the pop dots!   This was also the perfect spot for my journaling.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment: