Monday, February 10, 2014

You Make My Heart Sing / My Creative Scrapbook

I hope all of you are doing well today :)  Here's another layout I created using the February Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  It features the Love Notes collection from Crate Paper.  You can't tell in the photo, but Reese is wearing a cute little Valentine shirt.  I make it black and white because there were a lot of colors going on that didn't really match up to my papers. 

I really love the light teal colors in this line, especially matched up with the reddish pink color.  I decided to layer several of the papers behind my photo.  Behind that is a lot of modeling paste over a chevron template, some watercolor paints and some stamping.


I love layering the embellishments.  Paper on top of chipboard on top of paper with some cord smushed in.  Just keep playing with it until it looks right to you.  I don't like for my pages to get too bulky, so I try not to stack things too high.


A close up of some of the paint, stamping and paste.


Here you can see the dimension a little better.  I just love all the texture here!


These pre-made fan pieces are so fun and cute :)


Be sure to check out all the fun kits HERE.  I made four layouts and five cards with my kit, and I still have product left over!  I just never seemed to run out.  So pick one up today if you like what you see :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page. Love your mixed media background and the softness of the watercolors. You do layering with such ease that I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page, Missy!! I love the mix of modeling paste and stamping in the background!

    ReplyDelete