Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Finding Leaves / My Scraps & More

I love Tuesdays.  It's my day off from the gym, my husband drives the girls to school, I can take my time drinking my breakfast smoothie, and we get a little date later on tonight.  Which includes a stop at Michaels. And dinner.  It's awesome, and I treasure my Tuesdays :)

I have mixed emotions about this layout.  I created it using sketch #67 for My Scraps & More a few weeks ago.  I used the Happy-Go-Lucky line from Fancy Pants, which is awesome.  I'm just not sure I love how this all turned out.  The pictures of Reese trying to find leaves, so I had this bright idea of adding leaves somehow to the page.  So I grabbed the cover sheet of the collection...you know, the one with all the sample stripes of all the patterned papers included?  The very first sheet in the wrapper that has the title and everything?  I was going to use the white side and just paint the leaves once I cut them on my Cameo.  Well, once they were cut, I kind of liked how they looked with all the stripey patterns.  So I used that side.  I kind of think it's too busy, but I kind of like it at the same time.

I traced them on the yellow piece of paper as well.  I just wanted to add that "leaf" element to the page.  I did paint a few of the pieces with watercolors (a green tealish color).  I do like how the modeling paste turned out in the background.  I added gold paint to it.....now THAT I LOVE!  If you don't have any of the Martha Stewart gold metallic paint, it's SO cool!  Really easy to brush on to paper or embellishments, and it dries shiny.


Love these little banner stickers that Fancy Pants always includes.  I added some thread and made a popped-up little banner.


Here are my leaves...I never thought of using the title sheet in the collection, but it turned out kind of cool.  Plus a lot of the patterns are represented.


Eeeeeek!!  Shiny gold!!  And the gold thread is awesome, too.  Shiny is my favorite these days!


I added some splatters of gold Color Shine as well.  LOVE that stuff.


I hope this inspires you to use up that "title page" in your collection kits.  You never know what kind of cool look you might end up with.  And you still have the "real" paper to use on another project!  If you're like me, you hate wasting any scrappy product.

Have a great day!  Thanks for visiting me :)

2 comments:

  1. Lots of awesomeness on this layout Missy! I love the stripey pattern for the leaves and the added touch of the traced leaves! And the touch of Gold in the modeling paste definitely looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout....love all of the texture!

    ReplyDelete