Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cranky & No Pants (whhaaattt?)

Haha!  What a title, right?!  Let me explain.... :) 

This is a (funny) layout that I created for yesterday's Friday Favorite challenge over on the My Scraps & More boards.  We switched things up a bit, so the Saturday Steal is now a Friday challenge.  I lifted a page by the talented Tami (momawhite99), and she scrapped an "oops" moment about her son.  So I decided to lift a not-so-perfect photo of my little Paige. First off, she wasn't wearing any pants (just a diaper), and she was in the middle of throwing a fit.  Why in the world was I taking a picture in the first place?  Because I was trying to get her to smile...she was ticked off for some reason...and being the crazy scrapper I am, I just kept taking pictures...haha.  So I decided to scrap this moment anyway.  Not all moments are those "perfect for scrapbook pages" moments, so why not keep it real, right?

I used the Snippets line from Studio Calico for this one...I purchased it in the My Scraps store a while ago and it's been sitting there waiting for me to open it.  I started with creating the layered border on the left with paper strips and washi tape, and then I started adding in the watercolor.  I always blot it with a paper towel to mute it a little bit.  

Next, I started with my layering.  Once I got all the patterned papers where I wanted them, I adhered them and started tucking in all the tid bits.  


Here's a different angle of the layers, the tape, stamps, and thread I added in.  I'm just a big fan of using lots of different things to make it more interesting.


I used a few circle punched vellum pieces, which I stapled down.  That little thumbs down stamp is from a little set of Heidi Swapp stamps I found at Michael's.


Pop dots are awesome...and I used them to raise up this little piece.  Just adding dimension makes a big difference in the look of your page :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Stay tuned for a fun Valentine Crop coming your way on Friday...it's going to be so much fun!  Lots of challenges and prizes...woo hoo!  AND there are a lot of the new CHA lines headed to the store...so keep a check HERE for them all!

Have a GREAT day!

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome page Missy!!! Love that you scrapped a cranky moment!! She may be cranky but she is still adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! I love those "not so perfect" moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun page, Missy! I love the vellum circles with the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always blown away by your work! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww I just love all the layers and your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete