Thursday, February 27, 2014

Valentine Wrap Up / My Creative Scrapbook

Happy Thursday!  Today I'm sharing my final two projects featuring the February Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  Both of these projects are primarily designed with the Love Notes collection from Crate Paper.

I wanted to add more teal to the background, so I first used modeling paste through a template, and then before removing it, I sprayed teal Color Shine over it.  I also added some darker pink watercolor.


I always love Crate Paper's awesome chipboard shapes!  And their 3-dimensional stickers are awesome...and pairing them together just works so well with their collections.  I colored one of the Prima flowers and tucked it underneath the chipboard as well as some red thread.


Chipboard layering...it adds so much depth.


A close-up of the paste...amazing texture!  I cut the word "love" on my Cameo.  It was actually left over from a previous project.  I love when I'm able to use up bits that are just laying around on my desk.


Here is my final card.  My favorite part of this one is the gold accents!  I colored the big flower blue using watered down acrylic paint.  The background of the card was cut from patterned paper, and the rest is stickers from the sticker sheet.  I added in the gold thread and Color Shine from my stash.


Eeeeek!!  Gold!  Love it!


You won't want to miss what's coming up in the March kits...so stay tuned next week for the reveal!

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Great projects, Missy! The Teal Color Shine looks awesome sprayed over the modeling paste!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a awonderful page! I love the modeling paste colored, I need to try that! Or just try modeling paste on a page. I have some.... but haven't been brave enough yet!

    ReplyDelete