Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Together Forever / My Mind's Eye

Hey there, friends :)  Happy Wednesday!  I'm catching up today with my latest design for My Mind's Eye.  I was up on the blog a few days ago HERE, hosting the February challenge.  The theme is "Love is all you need" and however you interpret that.

I decided to scrap a somewhat recent photo of me and my husband. When I think of love, I think of him.  March will mark our 14 year anniversary, and May will mark 20 years together!  I've been with this man over half my life.  I really don't know how I'd function without him :)

 I used Cupid's Arrow for this, with a little bit of Lost & Found Record It thrown in.  I started by covering the design on the sunburst paper with gesso.  I wanted to build my photo cluster there, so that's where I began.  I really love the blues, reds and greys mixed together here.  I used so many elements...washi tape (of course!), enamel shapes & dots, chipboard hearts, stickers... I even punched out a few pieces from the 6x6 paper pad.  I recently picked up some drywall tape from Home Depot...you can see it on the left side of my cluster.  That stuff is so cool!


You see the drywall tape a little better here.  It sticks really well and gives the greatest texture.  I also added in my new favorite detail...tangled up thread.


My Cameo cut my title, and I used a Heidi Swapp stencil to trace those arrows.


A few strips of MME decorative tape, layered just underneath the patterned paper...


Pop dots are the greatest, aren't they?  Just raising something up slightly adds so much depth.  And I'm in love with these enamel arrows.


If you'd like to join in for this challenge, go HERE for more details.  If you win, you get to choose an MME collection for your prize!  Definitely worth playing for :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love your page and love the colors. My hubby and I have been together 20 years this Valentine's day! So understand how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you created the layering around your photo Missy, and then added the fun layering/clustering near the bottom of your page! And the mix of Blue and Red is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete