Friday, February 7, 2014

Silly Bedtime Grins

Friday is here!  Yay!  This has been such an odd week for me.  Coming back from our trip to Vegas (and our delayed flight home) has me still stuck in a time warp.  On top of that, both of my girls have been sick all week...ugh.  It's been a blur, but they have seemed to turn a corner this morning.  They're both eating and drinking and starting to act like themselves.  Nothing worse for a mama than her babies being sick!  And, to top it all off, Wednesday was Paige's 5th birthday...poor baby was too sick to even notice.  We'll be making up for it soon!

On another note, you probably noticed I have a new blog design!  A huge shout out and thank you to the amazing Kristine Davidson!  She did a fabulous job in giving me a new blog makeover.  I loved my little frogs and rainbows, but I felt it was time for a change.  

I'm playing catch up, so today I'm sharing a page I created for My Scraps and More recently.  It was a recipe challenge for Mix it Up Monday.  The rules:  create a layered border on one side of the page, use stamps and tear at least one piece of paper.  I used some lovely Elle's Studio for this...I absolutely love how it turned out!


A mix of things here...three different alphas by three different manufacturers, paper and washi tape layers, and a cute pop-dotted heart :)


I love this effect of stamping...just keep pressing the stamp until all the ink is off.  It creates a fun ombre look.  That pink & white star paper isn't from Elle's...that's a random piece I picked up from Hobby Lobby.  But it matched perfectly, so I added it in.


One thing I love about Elle's is all the little word pieces.  Perfect for tucking in here and there, or adding pop dots.  I also threw in some red thread.


If you haven't, come join our forum!  We have so much fun over there...lots of challenges (daily) and prizes to give away.  We even have a fun Valentine Crop coming next Friday!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. So cute Missy! I love how bright and "loud" it is!!! Totally my style too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Missy!! What a fun page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute cute page!!! oh my gosh adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do an amazing job with layers! Still working on that, myself. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Elle's on your page, Missy! So, so cute! And your new Blog design looks great!! Glad your girlies are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete