Saturday, February 15, 2014

Scrapbook Generation's Create Feature

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I'm very excited to share a few projects I have featured in this month's edition of Create from Scrapbook Generation.  The My Mind's Eye team was asked to create a few designs using sketches from the magazine.  It is the coolest to thumb through a publication and see your work there!


Here is the layout I created.  I used the Cut & Paste collection for this, and I stuck very closely to the sketch.  I designed the heart background on my Cameo and then backed it an ombre pink paper.  These papers matched my photos perfectly...my little Paige getting into the powder and acting like nothing happened.  Stinker!  :D


I stamped this image in blue ink...I love how it turned out.  I used pop dots to raise it up a bit.  And I decided to handwrite my journaling.  Sometimes I think it just adds a more homemade look.


A close up of the Cameo cuts and my title.  I used chalk to color my white Thickers blue.


I like the way this sort of raised up a bit...just makes more shadows and depth, I think.


A little bit of tangled thread and distressing finish it all off nicely :)


I also created this tag.  I used a mix of the Lost & Found Record It collections and several decorative tapes.  I just love these pretty blues up against the pinks.  And tags are perfect for those little alpha and word stickers.



Visit the link up top if you'd like to see the magazine in its entirety.  The other gals on the team created...beyond amazing!  I still don't feel worthy of even being on this team...I still have to pinch myself :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!  Stay tuned for another Creative Scrappers reveal tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your work in the magazine Missy!! Your layout is amazing and I love your cute tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, your layout was stunning, to say the least! Thanks so much for making such a gorgeous project for our new magazine! -- Debbie

    ReplyDelete