Sunday, February 2, 2014

Creative Scrappers #261

Happy Sunday, friends!  It's time for another sketch reveal at Creative Scrappers...are you as excited as I am?  I'm always so inspired by these sketches, and this one is awesome.  Check it out:


I pulled out the lovely Hello Again collection from Carta Bella.  I challenged myself to use these photos in color instead of black & white.  My goofy goose was digging for lost Cheerios...and I just sat there and took pictures of it...haha.  I was instantly reminded of this specific collection, and I still have most of it left over.  I get so bogged down with buying so many new collections that I barely make time to make multiple layouts from them!

I really love how this turned out.  I like that it's not my typical super bright type of color scheme.  I started with white cardstock and some watercolors.  I just added paint here and there, creating a random splotchy design to match the colors in the papers I wanted to use.  I used a Heidi Swapp template to trace those arrows.  I painted them in and outlined them in black pen.  My circle element in the center is a piece of vellum...it's very lightly inked around the edges.


I just love tearing my washi tape...it just gives a fun and cool effect sometimes.  I love the variations in color from the paints here, too.  I added in some light peachy colored thread.


I cut the title on my Cameo in white cardstock and painted it to match.  I don't have any of the Cameo pens, so I just outline it by hand...kinda messy and wobbly, but I like it that way.


Love these fun flair badges I got from Studio Calico...they matched perfectly.


I hope you join us in the sketch challenge...be sure to upload your projects HERE on the blog.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Missy, ithe page is still bright - and so very you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous soft water color effect. Such a cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a precious page!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your style!!! The soft colors are stunning and I'm always in awe about your doodling skills! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Carta Bella on this layout, Missy! And the watercolor look in the background is so pretty! And hey, sometimes you just gotta eat Cheerios if they are on the ground!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous again, as always Missy. That title is hilarious. Gorgeous watercolours, I envy the way you rock this style.

    ReplyDelete